Sunday, August 3, 2008

Summer Movie List (Update)


Well, I had planned on seeing more of these by this point, but not surprisingly most of them I've not been able to find...and most of those I did find just sat in my house for weeks while I painted or played Mario Kart instead, all the while jacking up my library fines.

I've seen an alarming amount of movies in theaters though, my favorite among them (big surprise) is The Dark Knight. While not the most perfectly crafted film, it's easily the "greatest" when it comes to it's message, style, and acting.

The Man Who Laughs (***)
The Wages of Fear (watched half, got bored :/ )
Ivan Vasilivich Back To The Future (never watched it...)
Stalker (same, lol)
Mind Game (if I can find it [I couldn't find it])
Into The Wild
The Girl Who Leapt Through Time
Little Miss Sunshine
Tekkon Kinkreet
The Golden Age
3:10 to Yuma (****)
The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford

The Dark Knight (****)
Iron Man (***1/2)
The X-Files: I Want To Believe (***)
Speed Racer (***)
Indiana Jones 4 (**)
Martian Child (**1/2)
A Fish Called Wanda (****)
5 Fingers of Death (***1/2)


4 comments:

Sarahjane said...

Ooooh so X-Files was good? I still need to go out and see that.

angela jones said...

You never saw Tekkonkinkreet? I thought you got that from ze library. Oh, and I put the assignation of jesse james on my netflix queue at your request.

Alex Tingey said...

X-Files wasn't bad, it was nice in that creepy but thought provoking way X-Files way.

I had Tekkonkinkreet but neglected to watch it. Thanks for Jesse James, I hope it's behind Killer Klowns From Outer Space in the queue though...:D

angela jones said...

Oh, I've seen mind games! It's the same art style as those to did Tekkonkinkreet. I can maybe get it for you. Devin's brother download it, and although Devin is highly against downloading movies it didn't stop him from showing it to me. I guess I will ask him.

Oh, and klowns from outer space is indeed on my netflix cue. netflix says I will hate it. We'll see!