Friday, April 11, 2008

This makes me have joy...I really have a shallow sense of joy




















http://studiojfish.livejournal.com/79805.html

Classic Zelda Artwork that isn't total crap, it's so beautiful... *sniff* It's hard to explain why I like the older Zelda style and look as opposed to post-Link's Awakening's style (starting with Ocarina of Time) but I just do. Especially in Zelda 1 and Link's Awakening there's a sense of mystery and almost poignant desolation to the world you're adventuring in; something I just don't get from the newer games, and it really comes through in the old artwork.

You can see this not only in the environment but in the characters of the GameBoy game...with one suspecting exception they all seem to be ignorant to the fact that their island is a fantasy; probably merely a dream to the shipwrecked Link and/or the "Wind Fish". I'm always a little saddened by the idea that people living in my dreams cease to exist when I wake up...what about their hopes and dreams huh? WHAT ABOUT THEIR DREAMS?








Link could do without the 3-inch nose though...

No comments: